Saturday, November 29, 2008

Daily Menu

Since many people ask me about what we eat as I am Japanese and my husband is American, I thought I would keep track of the menu and post it. Well, it is not quite as usual since I am expecting but you'll get a glimpse of daily menu. Come take a peek.

Sunday- Breakfast hash brown, broccoli, and oranges

Hash brown is actually quite easy to make from scratch. I found a recipe on Japanese cooking site and have been making it often. My gourmet son likes the store bought one better but other kids eat them just fine.

-lunch cereal

-dinner BBQ pork riblets, shredded cabbage, rice

Monday- Breakfast pancake with whipped topping and raspberry syrup

- lunch Mochi with soysauce and red azuki beans

- dinner Progresso Chicken noodle soup & toast

Since I was very exhausted and needed to lie down after taking the kids around
the stores, this is what I had in mind and what my husband followed. Thanks.

Tuesday-breakfast Spam musubi

Hawaiian food. Yum yum.

-lunch butter sandwich That's all I wanted and could eat.

-dinner baked potato(spam, sour cream, broccoli, egg, cheese, chives), alfredo fettucine

Actually my husband made dinner that night. I was very grateful.

Wednesday- breakfast chicken noodle soup(campbells chunky kind), toast

- lunch Sushi(cream cheese, smoke salmon, cucumber)

-dinner okonomiyaki(cabbage pancake)

This is typically more like lunch menu but since I like to have griddle on the table and cook with the family, we have it for dinner once in a while. The ingredients are shredded cabbage, flour, egg, tofu, seasoning powder, cheese and beef. Normally pork is used but I made it with beef yesterday because I had just bought a chunk. I sliced the top and fried it before pouring the dough on top.

Thursday- breakfast toast, sunny-side egg, cucumber, and strawberry

With these colors on the plate, it looked so pretty. Gotta get 30 items per day.

- lunch cream cheese pound cake.

I was craving for this and since I had enough eggs and was feeling good enough to make it, I made it in the morning. Yum.

- dinner stuffed double baked potato, left overs

Again, I was craving. The sad thing is that I couldn't add evaporated milk that the recipe called for. The one we had was bad... separated inside. My husband suggested to mix sourcream and milk in place and I did. It was better than expected but I still yearned for the certain flavor that evaporated milk gives.

Friday-breakfast my brain refuses to remember

- lunch did I have one??

-dinner Taco rice. Basically the topping for tacos.

Instead of the taco shells, we eat with rice. Yum.

Saturday- absolutely, no memory...

Yes! I am one step closer to food storage by keeping the daily menu! I think I will do the 2 weeks rotation thing my friend Crystal is doing. It seems like we ate more potatoes the week than we normally do. Well, looking at this, we eat about half Japanese and half American. I go through a cooking phase here and there so maybe next time I keep track, it could be better? Definitely more to come... Anyone is welcome to share theirs! It would be fun and inspiring. Please?

1 comment:

  1. next time you need something (like evaporated milk) call me - I borrow all the time from the neighbors!!

    ReplyDelete