Breakfast- Green pea soup. Actually not green pea soup. I made corn soup from a packet and put green food coloring in it. Mr. S played along seeming like knowing that I had done something and said "ewww" even after taking some sips. (He usually LOVES corn soup.) So, I am not sure if he was turned off by the food coloring or actually playing along with me to fool other two kids. Mr. Z and Miss S. took a sip at the same time(coincidentally) and both paused a second and said "This is not green pea soup!!!" Funny. He had the rest but she didn't finish hers. I finished the rest of the corn soup with green food coloring but to be honest, it did taste weird... Haha! I guess we eat with our eyes a lot too!
Lunch- inside the lunch box, I put the corn soup packet that I used for breakfast. I put sliced red peppers instead. I didn't get too much of a reaction from Mr. S or Miss S. Hmmmm
Dinner- Sunny side up with quail eggs. I told them I went to oriental store the day before and found those eggs! (which we DO eat in Japan). I saw this idea somewhere on the net so I decided to give it a try. I used white chocolate chips with shortening melted in a pot in the pot of hot water. (what was it called- double boiling?? I forgot). Then stick yellow M&M in the middle. The kids were fooled at first until they saw it close-ups.
Doesn't it look good? It was yummy!
Last year, I put salt on everyone's toothbrushes. I just couldn't stop laughing when I heard them say "Eww" "yuck!" "Who put salt on my toothbrush??" etc. Funniest one was Miss S.
Miss S- "Someone put salt on my toothbrush!"
Me- "Happy April Fool's Day!"
Miss S- "No, for real, someone put it on my toothbrush!"
Me- "April Fool!"
Miss S. - "No, I am not kidding. It tastes salty!"
She had no clue I was simply telling her that I did that. Instead, she thought I wasn't taking it seriously because it was April Fool's Day!
I just love laughing, especially with my family. I regret spending so many days without laughing with my kids that I am trying a little harder in my own way to laugh with them. Laughter bring such a special feelings at dinner table also.
I am thinking about next year already... hahaha! Watch out! And if you know of any good prank jokes, please be sure to tell me. I would love to hear about your tricks (you do or being done) !
I think that's so cute! I'm not a huge prankster (because I'm so uncreative like that), but I like reading about jokes others have pulled. I think I just may have to try one next year:-) By the way, the egg idea looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteYOu did great! You are so funny. I didn't do much...hid the cereal, put a raisin in the toothpaste spout (so it looks like a bug when it's squeezed out). Painted Max's toenails red while he was asleep, oh, and switched my kids clothes around into different rooms.
ReplyDeleteyou are such a fun mom!
ReplyDeletei am always doing pranks. and my kids love pranks too. except i always tell them my 3 rules. 1) no one gets hurt. 2) do not humiliate or embarrass anyone. 3) do not damage or steal any property. If they can stick to those three rules, then the prank is usually a "green light"!
ReplyDelete